Vital Med is ready to assist you complete the ICD-10 transition. Vital Med ICD-9 to ICD-10 products are available for our clients, and these can help you test your system and processes.
The ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures was replaced by ICD-10 code sets on October 1, 2015. ICD-10 consists of two parts:
· ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding which is for use in all U.S. health care settings.
· ICD-10-PCS inpatient procedure coding which is for use in U.S. hospital settings.
ICD-10 affects diagnosis and inpatient procedure coding for everyone covered by the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA), not just those who submit Medicare or Medicaid claims:
· Claims for services provided on or after the compliance date should be submitted with ICD-10 diagnosis codes.
· Claims for services provided prior to the compliance date should be submitted with ICD-9 diagnosis codes.
· Guideline solution to ensure that our practices can look up ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes as well as ICD-10 to ICD-9 codes.
· Internal ICD‐10 testing to ensure proper implementation of processes & policies.
· Providing all the guidance and training to our clients for a smooth transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
· Extensive training on an organizational scale to equip our workforce with the required knowledge and competency